Location: Western Air Flight Academy, Broomfield CO
Length: Two days
Instructor: DJ Molny (djmolny [at] gmail.com (subject: Intro%20to%20Aerobatic%20Judging) (email)), 303-619-4814
- The IAC Rule Book, available in PDF format (free.) Check the version; the 2012 edition should be available in February or March.
- The Aresti "Power Catalog 2012". The paper version should be available in the Spring from http://www.arestisystem.com.
Who should attend:
- IAC members who would like to become certified as a Regional Judge (see IAC Rule 2.6.1)
- Competition pilots seeking a better understanding of judging criteria
- Companions/spouse of competition pilots who would like to learn to critique
- Newcomers to aerobatics who would like to learn the basic rules for judging
- Previously certified Regional or National Judges who need to satisfy the recurrency requirements (see IAC Rule 2.6.3)
- Current Judges who would like to brush up their knowledge of judging criteria (only need to attend 2nd day).
- Review of Requirements for becoming an IAC Judge
- Overview of the Competition Arena
- Introduction to the Aresti Aerobatic Catalogue
- Learning the Aresti Language
- Constructing Aerobatic Figures
- Review of Catalogue Families
Day Two (Recurrency Session):
- Contest Flight Program Rules
- Checking a Freestyle Sequence
- Detailed Judging Criteria
Upon completion of this course you will be qualified to volunteer as an assistant judge at any IAC competition, and will have completed one requirement towards becoming an IAC Regional Judge. For previously certified Judges, attendance at this seminar will fulfill recurrency requirements for attending a Judges Seminar as defined in IAC Rule 2.6.3.
Materials provided in this course:
- Course notes
- Regional Judge Exam for those seeking initial certification as a regional Judge; this exam is also available on the IAC website.
- An IAC Judge/Assistant Log