- July Meeting -- Change of Venue
- Upcoming Events
- Practice Waivers
- Fall Contest Preview
The July chapter meeting will be held at Bob Freeman's hangar at LMO (map). Fly in if the weather's good, otherwise drive.
- Take Airport Rd. to Rogers Rd. (between Nelson Rd. and the main airport entrance -- Colorado emissions testing station is on the corner)
- West on Rogers Rd to the end of the cul-de-sac
- Turn right onto the ramp
- Take the first right turn, going between the hangars
- 2nd end hangar on the left (Unit SH2T-E)
- 9-10am Board & Officers discuss chapter business, closed session.
- 10-11am: "Free Program Composition", presented by DJ Molny
- 11am-3pm (ish): Critique session at Rabbit Mountain (5nm NW of LMO) for those who would like some critiquing or coaching from the ground.
- noon-3pm: Burgers & hot dogs, $5 per person
July 9: Chapter meeting / practice / critique
August 13: Chapter meeting / practice / critique
Sept. 2-4: High Planes HypoXia Fest, Lamar CO.
Oct. 7-9: Rocky Mountain Invitational, Lamar CO. Click here for more info.
Thanks to the persistence of IAC12 President Bob Freeman, we now have 2-year practice waivers at both Fort Morgan (KFMM) and Sterling (KSTK). Yay Bob!
In order to use theses boxes, you must:
- Stop by the FBO to read the waiver and sign the log sheet,
- Call the FSS Notam line (1-877-487-6867) and provide location, dates, times for the aerobatic activity (no runway closures required)
- Notify the DenverARTCC (303-651-4100) 30 minutes prior to use, and call again when you are done,
- Monitor the local CTAF (no requirement to have a ground spotter, but we recommend it),
- Have at least a 5000' ceiling (sheesh) and 3 miles visibility, and
- Restrict flying to 1h after sunrise and 1h before sunset.
A tremendous amount of effort went into securing these waivers. Please respect this privilege by flying responsibly and following both the spirit and the letter of the law!
Due to some temporary issues at our usual host airports, Chapter 12 will hold the 2011 High Planes HypoXia Fest in Lamar CO (KLAA). Thanks to Jamie Treat and IAC Chapter 5 for making this happen!
- Thursday 9/1: Box set-up and practice
- Friday 9/2: Practice and registration
- Saturday 9/3: Contest flying Day 1, 0800 Briefing
- Sunday 9/4: Contest flying Day 2, 0800 Briefing; awards banquet in the evening.
- Monday 9/5: Travel / rain day.
Logistical details such as hotels and dining venues are still being worked out. Contact Contest Director DJ Molny djmolny [at] gmail.com (subject: High%20Planes%20HypoXiaFest) (via email) or by phone (303-619-4814) for additional information.